Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile by the sea posts the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book she decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s). This is the First Chapter First Paragraph meme.


My entry this week comes from Matthew Norman's Domestic Violets: A Novel (P.S.)



I splash cold water on my face.

This is what men in movies do when they're about to fly off the handle, when shit is getting out of control. I do this sometimes. I react to things based on what characters in movies do. That's kind of ironic, considering I've always thought of myself as a book person.

At least I think that's ironic. That word gets misused a lot.

My reaction upon reading this was "how can I not read this book?" Men in movies also splash cold water on their faces after shit has gotten out of control. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment