Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday Snapshot: Freak Storm

Saturday Snapshot is a weekly meme hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books. The guidelines are to post a photo that you or a friend or family member have taken and then link it back to Alyce's original post for the week. Photos can be old or new and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see.

This past Thursday afternoon we were rocked by a freakish hail storm. I got home with about one minute to spare before hail started propelling towards the earth. I snapped this as the hail was just starting to accumulate. One newspaper described the hail stones as being the size of butterscotch candies. That's a new one!


The next morning, I 'enjoyed' navigating the aftermath on my way to work:


10 comments:

  1. Wow, I wouldn't want to get pelted with those hailstones! Nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got pelted a bit when I took the shot; not pleasant! So glad I made it inside before it descended!

      Delete
  2. I like the butterscotch candies description - nice and vivid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been a noisy storm with all that hail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - it sounded like someone was pouring rocks on the balcony. When I opened the blind in the bedroom I was quite surprised to see the hail stones.

      Delete
  4. I like the reflection of the building in the pool - that's very effective. My Snapshot is quite short this week, sad - about a spot where lepers were outcast http://goo.gl/TkmQ7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - completely unintentional! I was taking the pictures to send to the City so someone would go and unplug the drains. Then thought, hey, why not share!

      Delete
  5. Butterscotch candies...that's better than golf balls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a hail storm like that a week ago...our hail wasn't the size of butterscotch candies (just pea-sized), but it came down so fast and furious that our back deck looked like it was covered in snow. I didn't think fast enough to grab the camera, though. Great capture by you!

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete